Why Retirement Planning Is Important
Everything we do, from choosing a career to managing career progressions, is presumably so our families and dependents can have a better life. But if we fail to plan for “Life after work”, all of the plans and effort we put into our working lives, could be jeopardized.
What will retirement look like? Are we spending too much money now? What if we’re not saving enough? How frequently should we be saving? Could we run out of money in retirement? Are we investing in the right places? How much will we need in retirement? Will Government and Employer pension plans cover us through retirement? The sooner you can understand these primary questions and have estimated answers to them, the more prepared you will be to maximize your retirement savings opportunities.
What We Can Do For You
Retirement Planning takes a long-term view of your financial wellbeing. We use a life-cycle approach to ensure your “Life after work” is as well-planned as your life prior to retirement.
- Your personalized retirement planning strategy: There are a few primary elements to consider: pre-retirement goals, planning to ensure you have sufficient income during retirement; putting plans in place to safeguard your assets and yourself against potential catastrophes; planning for your unique legacy.
- Understanding your goals: Through an intensely personalized approach, we understand what your retirement goals are.
- Analyzing your current situation: To plan a meaningful retirement, you need to know where you currently stand. We’ll help you build an in-depth financial inventory to use as part of our retirement planning process.
- Developing the plan: The challenge is to develop a personalized strategy that considers may elements, to include the resources you will have access to and the expenses you need to consider. Then there are variables that are applied to the resources and expenses, like asset allocations and the associated risks, external economic factors, taxes and growth rates just to name a few. What will the cost of your retirement look like and how will it change as you grow older. Each of these variable will change over time, so your retirement plan will have to be dynamic in nature and modified along the way.
- Implementing the plan: As you move closer to retirement, we’ll work closely with you to ensure the plans are implemented in a phased and orderly manner. The goal of our Retirement Planning approach is to make transitioning into retirement as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Retirement Benefits: We will assist and advise on employment pensions and government benefits: Whether to apply or not? Lump Sum or annuity payments? When to apply? What to do with those funds…and much more.
- Updating: We’ll monitor and review your retirement plans, and consult with you about any changes or updates needed to address your evolving retirement lifestyle needs.